Monday, March 30, 2009

How much is that doggie in the window?

Update 4/9/2009: I have heard from the Pedigree folks, but they requested I call a toll free number with a case number and I've not had the time to do that yet so any delay in resolution is my fault, not theirs.

Mine are very expensive. One's got lousy hips and a bum knee. The other has allergies and a weight problem.

We've had success combating the weight problem through the use of PEDIGREE® WEIGHT MAINTENANCE™ dog food. She's slimmed down quite a bit since she's been on it.

So imagine my surprise when I found this in my most recent purchase of the product.

I'm told by someone familiar with food manufacturing that it is not foreign material, merely an unsightly lump of product.


So I went to the manufacturer's website to get an email address to mail this picture to but you can only submit to them electronically via a form, no email contact allowed. Their form was not cooperating with my data entry. It didn't want to wrap the text I was typing and I can't stand not being able to read back through what I've written so I simply directed them to this blog post to see what it was that I found in their product.


The bag was purchased at the Dillon's market in Manhattan, Kansas in early March of '09. The manufacturing codes on the bag are as follows:

BEST BEFORE 02/2010 901DLKKMF 02:55

I like the product, my dog likes the product (that's the important part), and I wouldn't stop using it for finding something like this once but a coupon would be nice.

1 comment:

JP Harr said...

Like the thrice-fried and blackened stray Dorito, it makes you wonder what, exactly, went wrong with the processing.

Have you ever eaten *that* Dorito? I have not.