Sunday, November 09, 2008

Did someone say I'm incoherent?

You bet your ass I am. How can Kansans vote the way they vote? What can they possibly be thinking?

I realize that people have a tendency to surround themselves with people like themselves, but really. What the people surrounding me have said and what actually went down at the polls has me scratching my head. Did the people I spoke with say one thing yet do another? Did the people I spoke with pull a Floridian and not understand how to operate a ballot? Did the people I spoke with not actually go to the polls and vote?

By dint of the small population in Kansas, they had no effect on the country at large, but the havoc they wreaked in Kansas will echo for at least another two years.

I was pleased to see that the apathy generation* turned out well and I hope you know you made all the difference in the world on a national level. Please, keep coming back. Only you can make it better.

*The ones that were "...waiting, waiting on the world to change." That song has always pissed me off. Too bad it's got such a catchy hook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all the passion you have for politics, have you ever considered entering that area?

Actually I can understand some voter apathy, given the sad state of politics in the US.